Provision of Nutrition Services for treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition and Promotion of Infant and Child Feeding Project. This project is funded by UNICEF South Sudan for the following period, January-September 2017 implemented in Magwi County.
The aims to promote quality management of SAM of children (6-59months) and strengthen local capacity on community identification of cases, referral and their proper management at 5 health facilities in Magwi county as well as promoting the improvement of Infant and Young Child Feeding in the county.
The programme will contribute to life saving and reduction of severe acute malnutrition in Magwi county. The project undertakes the following activities
- Establish 6 OTP centers at the following facilities Obbo Phcc, lebonen phcc, Magwi PHCC,Owingkibul PHCC and Abara PHCC)
- Screened 10000 for malnutrition (Routine and Mass screening).
- Treat 1620 children with SAM
- Support Magwi CHD to conduct monthly support supervision
- Preposition nutrition supplies from UNICEF Warehouse to the OTP centres
- Train community nutrition volunteers on CMAM particularly screening and OTP care
- Conduct community outreaches and follow up
- Train health workers on Infant young child feeding.
- Carryout both individual and Group education sessions on infant young child feeding.
Before the share buttons markupby After all of the share buttons markup