- Reach Communities with Emergency Messages to Reduce Morbidity and Mortality Due to Cholera Project. The project focused on cholera prevention and control.Among the activities undertaken included; Preventive health and hygiene promotion talks in most populated areas e.g. markets, churches, taxi parks etc, Trained and deployed 20 hygiene promoters to carry out house to house education, promote referrals of suspected cholera cases and educate households how to make ORS locally. Distribution of information education and communication awareness materials, distribution Aqua tabs, mobilization of students and teachers to understand cholera prevention.
- Cholera Response in Juba project. The emergency project aimed at prevention and cholera Outbreak in Juba County. 40 hygiene promoters were trained and conducted house to house hygiene education, distributed WASH NFIs and ORS. The project targeted institutions such as schools and university, markets, taxi parks for hygiene awareness. The project also access to safe water by rehabilitating boreholes.
Emmergency prevention and control of WASH related disease Outbreaks among vulnerable IDP, Returnees and Host Population in Magwi County project. This is funded by UNDP through the South Sudan Common Humanitarian Fund (SSCHF). The “Emmergency prevention and control of WASH related disease outbreak among vulnerable amongst IDP, Returnees and Host population” aims at increasing access to safe water supply, sanitation and hygiene pratice to locations which have been affected by conflict and at risk of waterborne diseases out breaks such as cholera. The 6 months CHF funded project will be implemented in Magwi County Imatong State formally Eastern Equatoria between September 2016 and Febnaury 2017. The project shall undertake the following activities.
1. Rehabilitation of 20 hand pumps,
2. Distribution of WASH NFIs,
3. Train 40 community hygiene promoters,
4. Train 100 water management committee members and,
5. Conduct hygiene awareness campaigns.
The project intends to benefit 15000 people majority of whom are women and children including malnourished children, pregnant and lactating mothers. This project comes at a time when Magwi county has not only experienced high displacements due to the conflict and the confirmation of the cholera outbreak. The situation is impact greatly on the already limited basic services in the locations. Therefore this project will address the needs of the most vulnerable women, men, boys and girls affected by the conflict, outbreaks and malnutrition.by
Before the share buttons markupby After all of the share buttons markup