Impact Health Organization (IHO) is a National NGO has been delivering both humanitarian and development programmers in South Sudan since 2013. IHO South Sudan is implementing projects in four main programming areas: Health, Nutrition Health care (curative and community) and water sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION.
Impact health organization seeks a motivated professional to undertake the role of an Assistant nutrition officer under the overall guidance of the programs officer. The Assistant nutrition officer will assume implementation role in nutrition project management in context of IHO strategic plan and UNICEF/WFP work plan. She/he will work closely with the nutrition Assistants and other team members to achieve the nutrition programme output
The Position is responsible for quality nutrition services at community and facility levels including nutrition rehabilitation among admitted cases through treatment of clinical complications of severe acute malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counselling, and capacity building and technical support to the IHO nutrition team in the management of complications associated with severe acute malnutrition.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Support effective management of clinical and other ailments at OTP/TSFP/IFP.
- Support management of severe acute malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation and provision of therapeutic food.
- Plan and organize OTP/TSFP/IFP at designated distribution sites in liaison with nutrition assistants and CHW.
- Work closely with IHO staffs to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the OTP and the program is well integrated in to health systems.
- Work closely to ensue all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/ stabilization center (SC).
- Timely identification of complications, non – responder, and referrals to the SC. Review the forms completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is prepositioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
- Debrief the nutrition team on the amount and quality of the treatment supplies if it does not comply with specified quality standards.
- Through liaison with the community health workers and mother – – mother group facilitator provides effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the Programme, sick children long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems act.
- Support the provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the OTP/SFP sites.
- Follow up on current protocols specially drug administration i.e. For de-worming malaria, polio and measles, and micronutrient mineral/ vitamin A supplements targeting children and PLW.
- Assistan the activities linked to health and nutrition education.
- Compile the statistical data admission default, cured, absent, death and draft a report on activities.
- Work closely with SC staff to ensure all that MOH protocols ware understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the OTP.
Communication and reporting.
- Submit reports regularly as required and report any information to supervisors on programme related activities.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to supervisors.
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences of the programme.
- Responsible for sharing minutes of all official meetings held in the field.
Monitoring evaluation and budgeting.
- Provide regular feedback to the supervisors on project implementation
- Assist in preparation of donor reports and project reports.
- Participate in development of program workplans and reviewing them on a monthly basis.
- Ensure and maintain accurate use of budget lines according to donor regulations
This job description is intended to be all – inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by the supervisors.
Qualifications and requirements.
- Bachelor / Diploma of science in nutrition and dietetics, Clinical medicine or closely related field with 2-5years ‘experience in CMAM/SC preferably in the NGO sector. Must be a registered clinician or nutritionist experience working with a humanitarian organization.
- Ability and willingness to stay in rural setting is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and incommoding when face with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience working in nutritional program reports.
- Ability to prepare weekly , monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work.
- Fluent in English, Arabic and knowing the local language is more preferable.
NB: this position is open to National south Sudanese only.
APPLICATION & DEADLINE FOR SUBMISION:
1. Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Your Application should include:
1. A cover letter.
2. A comprehensive CV with a valid telephone Number.
3. Reference: clearly indicated on envelop and or subject.
The closing date for application is: 14/6/2021